London – Apprenticeship Programme 2024 – Business Administration
- Country: UK
- Programme: Apprenticeship
- City: London
- Department: Other
- Role: Other
Main duties & responsibilities
Do you want to be part of the change? Then you’re in the right place. Our ambition is to build a sustainable future for our clients and our teams … but we can’t do that without you!
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a global provider of financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 20.000 people in 57 countries across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
We are “the bank for a changing world” and recently won the award for being the world’s best bank for sustainable finance. To play our part in accelerating the transition to a more sustainable energy by 2030, we’ve place the United Nations Sustainable Goals (SDG) at the heart of our business model. They impact the companies we do business with, the projects we finance and the people we invest in. We’re proud to be playing a leading role in guiding our clients towards responsible growth, and a lower-carbon economy, by co-creating financial solutions that align their business strategy with the SDG. We need more change agents – so join us today to help us with our mission!
At BNP Paribas, we see value in diversity, equal opportunity, and the quality of our lives together. That’s why the Group works daily with all its stakeholders to create an environment that is respectful of everyone, based on equality, and where fighting discrimination represents a primary goal.
Who will I be working with?
This apprenticeship opportunity will be split into 2 rotations between the UK Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) department and the UK Diversity & Including (D&I) department.
Our UK CSR team champions the bank’s work towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Community
Engagement and having a positive impact in society. Key focuses for us are engaging our staff to take part in volunteering days and programmes, as well social mobility initiatives, to help us create a more inclusive workforce.
We interact with all parts of CIB and other BNPP entities in the UK, engaging both internal and
external stakeholders, and liaising with our peers internationally.
On the D&I side, we take our commitment to diversity and inclusion very seriously. We are launching a
strategy project with a targeted action plan to enable us to continue to foster an inclusive culture and working environment, including initiatives around both recruitment and retention.
What will I be doing?
- Team admin: organising meetings and agendas, taking minutes and following up on action points, calendar management, other ad-hoc admin tasks
- Volunteering support: booking staff volunteering events, updating SharePoint/team calendar, following up post event, updating reporting spreadsheets
- Event and project management: Support for the team’s internal and external events, including managing and distributing email invites, updating event listings and distributing essential information prior to activities.
- Supporting campaigns/projects: drafting/preparing materials such as emails and posters, preparing communications for both the UK CSR community and the wider UK employee base.
- Programme development: research around key social and educational issues and identifying opportunities for UK CSR to contribute, e.g. refugees, criminal convictions, modern slavery
- Work experience programmes: assisting with planning and administration in the run up to and during our social mobility programme, Step-UP UK.
- Analysing data and reporting to support different projects and initiatives
An apprentice in our department will learn essential skills to create a solid foundation for their career, whilst being supported by a fantastic team.
What skills and qualifications are required for the role?
- GCSE Maths & English level 4 – 9 (grade A – C)
- A-levels, which are due to be completed in 2024 OR completed A-Levels in 2023
- Excel & Power Point skills
- Excellent organisations skills
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Interest or experience in CSR, Community Engagement, or Diversity & Inclusion
Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 13 months Salary: £25,000 p.a. + award winning flexible benefits Location: London
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship role, please email us at BNPPApprenticeships@weareams.com