London – Apprenticeship Programme 2024 – Compliance Risk Officer
- Country: UK
- Programme: Apprenticeship
- City: London
- Department: Other
- Role: Not applicable
Main duties & responsibilities
Do you want to be part of the change? Then you’re in the right place. Our ambition is to build a sustainable future for our clients and our teams … but we can’t do that without you!
Who are BNP Paribas?
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a global provider of financial solutions to corporate and institutional clients. With more than 20.000 people in 57 countries across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and the Americas, we offer solutions tailored to all our clients across capital markets, financing, treasury and financial advisory.
At BNP Paribas, we see value in diversity, equal opportunity, and the quality of our lives together. That’s why the Group works daily with all its stakeholders to create an environment that is respectful of everyone, based on equality, and where fighting discrimination represents a primary goal.
Who will I be working with?
You will be working in either our Compliance or RISK function as a Level 3 Compliance/Risk Officer Apprentice. This apprenticeship will provide you with a strong foundational knowledge of the industry, along with specific regulations and practices vital to the world of compliance and risk. You will keep up to date with key regulatory and legislative changes, playing an active role in providing support and recommendations to the business to ensure compliance, while supporting the use and implementation of strong processes and effective controls in your areas.
- The RISK function provide risk management expertise and advice to the bank’s top management team and stakeholders. They help senior management, the wider RISK Function and the businesses to make the best choices by anticipating on events and finding the right balance between profitability and long term protection of the Bank. They are also responsible for the monitoring of market, credit, liquidity and counterparty risks of CIB.
- Compliance is an independent function responsible for providing specialist advice and support to UK Senior Management, business lines and functions in adhering to internal controls and external rules and managing compliance risks. The function typically acts as a second line of defence covering areas such as; controls, assurance, monitoring, professional ethics, training and competence, whistleblowing, money laundering, market abuse, financial security and regulatory liaison.
What will I be doing?
This role works within the operational and administrative side of the business which will require you to perform complex and specialised tasks and become fluent in the Bank’s systems and processes. Such duties can include:
- case and investigation management – ensuring cases are recorded, performing initial assessments, allocating complex cases when necessary, and resolving them in a timely manner
- project management and support
- developing a deep understanding of your business area and client base through training and practical experience
- data analysis of information and documentation: compiling reports and presentations
- stakeholder management and engagement of key internal partners
- accurate and timely maintenance of trackers and databases
- team and administration support: managing email inboxes, taking committee meeting minutes and notes
What skills and qualifications are required for the role?
- GCSE Maths & English level 4 – 9 (grade A – C)
- A-Levels, which are due to be completed in 2024 OR completed A-Levels in 2023
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent attention to detail and good organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and take own initiative
- Interest in data and analysis
Conduct Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 15 months Salary: £25,000 p.a and award winning flexible benefits package Location: London
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship role, please email us at BNPPApprenticeships@weareams.com